Friendship Crusade – Saturday 29th May 2010
Revelation 12 7-11 7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Resistance – the ability to decrease the strength of a force which comes upon you. It is not only the ability to resist incoming and overpowering forces but also to overcome.
Resistance not only relates to physical but also Spiritual which is described in the scripture above. If you resist the devil he shall surely flee from you.!!
Many may not believe in evil, just as day follows night evil is real. One of the greatest missions of the enemy is to destroy humanity. We serve the lion of the tribe of Judea and we have been given the power to resist. We must resist because of the enemy’s intent, he came to snatch what God has given to us, he wants to kill, steal and destroy, he is looking to devour us (swallow, gulp down whole)
In these times where time is ticking down, men will prefer darkness over light.
3 Ways in which the enemy operates:-
1) Oppression – keep you down, play with your mind
2) Depression – the devil wants to get you in a hole
3) Possession – take control of you
In Heaven the devil was called “the Angel of Light” but the devil is subtle, “a snake” he entraps men by making things look good. “Not everything that glitters is gold”
Resistance should take place in the mind. The mind is a battlefield for the devil if he wins your mind he has won 99% of the battle. The minds of men are constantly under battle. The words of carnally minded men is stimulated in the heart and formulated in the mind, one must constantly plead the Blood of Jesus over ones’ mind. Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
How to Resist the Enemy –
1) Praise – is a weapon of warfare. It is not only a tool to resist but to overcome. 2 Corinthians 10 4; For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;). Joshua crossed the children of Israel over the river of Jordan at came to Jericho where the walls around the city were high and Joshua knew this would be a great task to accomplish. God spoke to Joshua and told him to walk around the city for the next 6 days with the priests. On the 7th day they were to walk around for seven times and give a Shout of Praise…and the walls of Jericho came down…
Praise gives you the ability to pull things down in your life you are more than a conqueror in Christ. The enemy may have a plan but God arrests that plan. God will raise up a standard when the devil tries to come in your way. When you feel as though you want to give up..Praise!!
2) The Blood of Jesus – Ultimate vehicle used to resist, not only to keep the enemy at bay but to overcome. You will not only be able to push back but also push out the enemy. When you apply the Blood, demons will have to flee, and situations will have to come under control…”The Blood prevails” Jesus died for us when we were yet sinners. Matthew 26:28 …this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
No obeah, sorcery can come against the Blood. Every assault, every denominating spirit is subjected to the Blood. “Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world.””The battle is not yours it’s the Lords’ ”
Keep under the Blood the devil knows if you come out from under the Blood he can attack you.
God has promised No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD Isaiah 54:17.
3) Testimony – We overcome the enemy by our Praise, the Blood of the Lamb and the words of a testimony….But know that every testimony comes from and through a test. When you are being Blessed thank God it’s not you, it’s God’s goodness. David talks about the Goodness of God in the land of the living despite the situations that surrounded him (Psalm 27 12:13 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. [I had fainted], unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.)
God wants us to be more than over-comers. Resistance must be constant. The enemy is working overtime to win the minds’ of men. When you start to pray, apply the Blood and clear the air against any foul spirits. Cover your mind with the Blood of Jesus and be guided by the Word of God.
Every good and perfect thing comes from the Lord…God has the Best in Store for his Children.