Sunday 8th August 2010 – Pastor Mark Ballosingh
Genesis 21 1:2 1 And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. 2 For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.
In every individuals’ life God has a set time for his promise, he is never late he is always on time. Ecclesiastes 3: 1To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven
When God told Noah to build an Arc for there will be forty nights and forty days of rain. In a land where there was never rain the unbelievers laughed at him but at Gods’ appointed time he sent the rain… Ecclesiastes 3:17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for [there is] a time there for every purpose and for every work.
Sometimes we may ask ourselves “I wonder what is Gods’ will in my life?” Know that there is a parallel timing for the will of God to be established in your life. God has a set time, a set place and a set word for his promise in your life.
Abraham and Sarah were passed the age of child bearing, God spoke a word of promise in their life…Sarah will bear and child and Abraham will become a father to many nations.
Thank God when you think you have passed your time know that there is a set time for the promise of God to be fulfilled in your life, when you are in the most critical time of your life God will bring forth a promise.
Abraham and Sarah prayed for a long time to have a son, they prayed until they thought their prayers were not being heard, their Faith was becoming weak but God looked down at them in mercy and brought forth a promise. Issac would be born according to the promise of God.
Recount the story of Hannah she reached a point of desperation….God heard her cries and out of his mercy seat he looked down at her and sent the promise, Samuel.
Sometimes we look to try everything first then turn to God for an answer….pray until the mercy of God shines in your life, until the promise of God latches itself unto your life and brings forth a manifestation.
Promises of God:-
1) Give Strength
2) Resurrection of things which seem dead
4) Casting Out
1) Strength – Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also Sarah herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. Without a promise, we lose hope, strength the courage to fight. In the set time when the promise comes to you God will give you the strength.
2) Resurrection – When Gods’ promise comes to you at the set time he will take dead things and make it alive. Abraham and Sarah were dead in the flesh and were past the age of conceiving, Gods’ promise resurrected their reproductive organs….that which was seemingly dead became alive. Being a divine partaker of the kingdom of God, hold unto the promises of God 2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. “We speak to the things which were not as though they were”
3) Joy – Abraham laughed with Joy when he realized the promise of God was being fulfilled. Apostle Paul speaks about there being a set time for Joy. You may be going through darkness feeling there is nothing to smile about feeling tired and weary but Hold unto the promise of God for the root of Joy is in the promise of God. In his presence there is fullness of Joy. Mary rejoiced when the promise of the Lord was fulfilled in her womb. Luke 1 46:47And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
The account of Nehemiah when he was building the wall he looked back at where he came from to where God brought him to and encouraged the people around Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for [this] day [is] holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Remember that the laugh of the world and the laughter of the children of God is different, when the world laughs at you God laughs with you. When your Joy is stripped away and there seems to be no future, know that the one who feeds the sparrow will stay with you, the one who molds the sunlight and places the sun in the correct place holds your future. You’ve got a future and an inheritance, God has given his children promises…Psalm 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will
The devil will want to abort the promises of God in your life declare the Blood of Jesus over the negativity of the enemy.
4) Casting Out – the thing that bears the seed of the sin. Abraham and Sarah doubted the word of God and Sarah called the handmaid Hagar (who was an Egyptian) to have the baby with Abraham. They lacked Faith to press towards the promise of God and reacted in the flesh and out of it Ishmael was born but his birth was not ordained by God. Decisions made in the flesh hinder the fulfillment of Gods’ promises. Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now
It is recorded that after Ishmael was born Hagar began to provoke Sarah thinking she was better than her. Provocation will rob you of the promise. God has timelines for his promises to be fulfilled but Sarah and Abraham needed to cast out Hagar and Ishmael. Hagar and Ishmael were cast out speedily but Abraham still secretly sent food in the wilderness for Ishmael. There was no physical connection but emotionally Abraham was still attached.
There are many times we make decisions in the flesh and we need to get rid of the results of those decisions before God could release his promise. There are things to be cast out but we hold unto it and feed it and deprive ourselves from receiving our blessings. When you cast it out do not worry about it God is in control…Faith without works is dead…Even though Hagar and Ishmael were cast out in the wilderness God protected them….the Bible also records Gods’ instructions to Abraham to leave his Father’s house to receive his blessing…Trusting God he obeyed. Genesis 12 1:2 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee 2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing
Let God do what he has to do, many of us take things in our hands and tell God what to do, he is in the drivers’ seat it’s time to sit back and let the pilot take control.
Know that it’s Gods’ set time to take pre-eminence in your life.