Tuesday 10th August 2010 – Avocat Crusade Pastor Mark Ballosingh
Genesis 3:8 – And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden
Adam and Eve were the first account of people spending time in the presence of God. One of the primary reasons God created man was to worship him. It is recorded that each day Adam and Eve communed with God they would walk and talk to him on a daily basis. In spending time with God he would outline their purpose which was not only to worship but to take dominion over the garden and to go forth and multiply.
God has a purpose for every individual but we cannot just straddle as a believer we have to go to the next level where we talk to God and spend time with him on a daily basis.
SPENDING TIME IN GODS’ PRESENCE:-
1) Defines his purpose in your life. Only when you abide in Gods’ presence would he reveal his purpose.
2) Gives you the ability to be a worshipper & praise him – those who spend quality time with God are true worshippers. God made us in his image and likeness and breathe his breath of life into us so we may worship him. “As the deer panteth for the water so my soul longeth after thee” there must be a longing and a desire in our soul to worship the Lord. There is no shame in praising God. Psalm 113:3 From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD’S name is to be praised
3) God will protect you – Psalm 91 1&2,4 1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. God is an ever-watching, all seeing God he will protect your going out and coming in, your rising up and lying down…..” Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me
4) God will give guidance and instructions – Moses would go up to Mount Sinai to receive instructions from God. It was on this mount he received the Ten Commandments. God gave Moses specific instructions to build him a tabernacle where his presence would always be to inhabit it and commune with him. Exodus 25:8 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them. There are so many people around us who would give advice when we are going through trials but spend time with God and in that quiet time hear from him he will guide you.
Every time the children of Israel needed guidance Moses would go into the tabernacle and receive instructions from God. In the natural eye when they didn’t know where to go, God would protect them and give them guidance Exodus 14 19&20 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them: And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night. God will light your darkest hour.
5) Salvation – In the tabernacle they got salvation. God is the author and finisher of our Faith. Jesus said to the disciples, “I go to prepare a place” preparations have been made for our salvation. When you come into his presence he stretches out his hand of grace, mercy and compassion, when the devil tells you ‘you’re going to hell’, when people around say ‘you’re a failure’ God says “you shall not perish but have everlasting life” There is hope and salvation when you spend time in Gods’ presence, he is a deliverer, salvation giver, generational curse breaker. Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me
6) Fellowship – Adam and Eve fellowshipped with God every day. Moses would go up in the mountain and forget about all those around him. God is a Spirit we must worship him in spirit and in truth. When we fellowship with God we must also take time to listen to what he has to say to us.
7) Power through the Holy Spirit – in the Old Testament God showed himself and communicated with people in an audible voice. He then became silent and in the New Testament in the book of Acts he sent his presence through the Holy Spirit. When Jesus was crucified and rose again he was speaking to the disciples to let them know he will not leave them comfortless but will send a comforter, the Holy Spirit, John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
God empowered the Apostles to work, to propagate the gospel with Power and to be an effective witness. Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek .
The prophecy of the prophets was fulfilled Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth
When the Holy Spirit comes into a place things and people are stirred up, there is a difference Acts 2 1-4 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
The power of the Holy Spirit – demons will flee, affliction, sickness must leave, oppression and depression must come out.
8) Judgment and Reward. Revelation 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. God will judge when we come before him he will review our lives and we would have to give an account. God is a righteous judge he will judge the sick, the rich, the poor, the well educated. What will your portion be, will he say well done my good and faithful servant enter in or leave I know you not?
God will reward those who are faithful to him, Apostle Paul “therefore now laid up for me is a crown of righteousness. Matthew 6 19-21 19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
HOW TO COME INTO GODS’ PRESENCE
1) A pure heart and clean hands
2) Be washed in the Blood of the Lamb. There is no remedy for sin except through the Blood of the Lamb.
3) Faith – without Faith it is impossible to please God. To every man is dealt a measure of Faith (Romans 12:3). Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. No religion, no family member, no amount of money or education can get you in the presence of God. Abraham was called the Father of Faith.
4) Through Jesus Christ. There is no name under the Heavens that could save you except for Jesus. There is one God and one mediator, Jesus who sits at Gods’ right hand interceding on our behalf. John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. Those who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved!
If something is blocking you from coming into the presence of God, if the devil is trying to remind you of some vice, call upon the name of the Lord, for at the sound of his name every knee shall bow. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, know that he is Lord and his name is everlasting. Spend time in the presence of the Lord for in your darkest hour there will be a dawning of a new day.