Sunday 19th September 2010 – Pastor Mark Ballosingh
The trying of one’s Faith worketh Patience. Fiery trials bring about the patience of our Faith.
David waits patiently upon the Lord and he is delivered from the pit of perdition and the mud of corruption. Psalm 40:1-5 – 1I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. 4Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. 5Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered..
Related Scriptures on Patience:-
Psalm 37 7-9:- 7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved
Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
2 Timothy 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
Faith in itself demonstrates Patience. The patience of our Faith comes through trials that are likened to our service in the Kingdom of God.
Under the great chastisement of the hand of God it will develop that Patience in your Faith. Hebrews 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
The discipline of our Faith must demonstrate persistence and perseverance which is gained through great affliction.
Even under well doing our Faith and patience is tested, in the midst of your well doing the enemy will raise up someone to speak ill and discourage you.
Romans 2:7To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Patience of our Faith is needed even in our fruit bearing Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep [it], and bring forth fruit with patience.
In running the appointed race we must be patient. The Spiritual Race puts in front of us a finish line and a reward, we must run the race with patience and not give up. Patience of our Faith must work endurance – to go to the end. Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Faith plus Patience bringeth forth endurance. It is easy to give up, turn back and be swept away by the current than stand up against it, we must walk in Christ and know that the Word brings forth endurance. In the natural, man-made things will fail us when we need it the most but Gods’ Word never fails.
Patient Faith is one where we seek the rewarder more than the reward. One must have patient Faith like the perfect patient Faith of Christ. Through his pain and suffering, bearing the Cross and the torment while on the Cross, he was patient. Christ didn’t develop this patience and endurance before the suffering but in the suffering and trials. All through each trial His Father would reassure him, keep him encouraged to tarry, wait and bear patiently. James 5 9-11 9Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door. 10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience. 11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
In order to be Blessed and to allow the promises of God to become real in our life we have to go through suffering and have patient Faith. It is recorded in the account of Job that he was Blessed even more after all the trials than he was in the beginning. Job 42:12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
2) Gives us the ability to learn in the midst of tribulation. 3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4And patience, experience; and experience, hope. Some of the greatest lessons learnt by Job was during his tribulations.
3) When things are good financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually you will be called upon to endure and exhibit patient Faith. 1 Peter 2:20 For what glory [is it], if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer [for it], ye take it patiently, this [is] acceptable with God.
4) Patient Faith will call on us to overcome evil. 2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient. When we look at those around and see they aren’t facing the troubles we complain instead of demonstrate patient Faith.
5) To love God and hope for his soon coming, keeps us holing on and focused knowing that it doesn’t matter what is going on in the World around us we have the Faith that one day the clouds will open and Our Father will come to take his children out of this corruptible pit. 2 Thessalonians 1&2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
6) The ability to shun faint-heartedness
The Patience of Faith will bring Victory!!!
Seven Blessings for waiting on God
Psalm 40 1-3 1I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
1) The assurance he will turn towards us
2) God hears you, people of patient Faith are heard by God
3) He will bring you out of the pit.
4) He will bring you out of the miry clay
5) He will set your feet upon a rock. God not only takes you out of the situation but he places your feet on a solid place because he has seen the patience of your Faith.
6) He will establish your way. Though the way seems drear, Precious Lord linger near, Precious Lord lead me on. The Lord will establish your going out and your coming in.
7) He will put a new song in your mouth, “I am Blessed and not cursed because of my patient Faith he has made a new way, I triumph in Christ, I look up and not down.
Patient Faith – Ecc 11:1 Cast your bread upon the waters: for you shall find it after many days.