Wednesday 15th September 2010 – Pastor Mark Ballosingh
“THE DISCIPLINE OF FAITH” – 2nd Step to Fulfilling Faith
Faith must not be words but it must be demonstrated by the actions and walk of a Christian. There are folks who pray and give up and lack the demonstration of Faith, but we must ask God to have Discipline Faith.
The Discipline of Faith:
a) To obey – when God gives us a Word we must not question it but put God first, men will promise us things and don’t stick to it but our God is a God who does not lie and His Words will not return to Him void. If your Faith is locked on Christ it is difficult to fall.
b) To practice that which one believes. A discipline Faith is an obedience to practice; God looks to see if you practice his teachings.
c) To be honest to God and one-self. A man who isn’t honest to himself cannot be honest to God. A dishonest man is a faithless man.
d) To be focused on the Rewarder and not the reward.
To be disciplined one must be a disciple:- A Learner, a follower, adherent to the teachings, one who allows the Word to be absorbed in their life. A true disciple is a constant learner one must bring one-self to be a learner every day. Our spirit must be a teachable one, if your prayers aren’t being answered examine and see if you have an undisciplined Faith.
There is indiscipline inside the church and this is why the people of the world are not coming into the church and staying, they see the same behavior there as they do in the world.
God cannot deal with double minded people so to Faith cannot dwell in the minds’ of double minded people. The account of Jesus on the Cross who had Discipline Faith to the very end 1 John 17 1-4 1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
A disciple of Faith would:-
1) Follow at any cost – We must have the discipline to follow after Christ and not look to the left or to the right but keep our eyes fixed on Him.
2) Would be hated for the name of Christ persecuted – the unbelievers would hate you daily
3) Let the World see the Glory and Holiness of Christ manifested through them
4) Demonstrate True Love
5) Their hope is in the promises of eternal life
6) They are not of the World
7) They understand separation to Christ
8) They understand that their joys comes only in total obedience to Christ
9) They are not bond slaves but partners with Christ
10) They continue steadfastly
Discipline Faith is what we need to develop in our heart if we need our prayers answered.