Sunday 12th September 2010 – Pastor Mark Ballosingh
1) Is your faith Weak or Strong?
2) God will do just what he says he will do
3) Faith has nothing to do with feelings or impressions or outward appearances
4) Proven and true Faith is absolute reliance on the naked Word of God.
5) The Word of God is the revelation of God and we acquaint ourselves with God by the constant reading and receiving of The Word
The Faith Life consists of the following:-
a) The trial of Faith
b) The discipline of Faith
c) The patience of Faith
d) The courage of Faith
e) The victory of Faith
THE TRAIL OF FAITH
1) The fiery trial – The account of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego who were thrown into a fiery furnace because they believed in the True and Living God and refused to worship an idol of King Nebuchadnezzar. It is recorded that they were delivered out of the furnace because of their Faith. Daniel 3 16-26: 16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we [are] not careful to answer thee in this matter. 17 If it be [so], our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver [us] out of thine hand, O king. 18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up. 19 Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: [therefore] he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated. 20 And he commanded the most mighty men that [were] in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, [and] to cast [them] into the burning fiery furnace. 21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their [other] garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 22 Therefore because the king’s commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. 23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, [and] spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. 25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. 26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, [and] spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come [hither]. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire.
2) The testing trial – Abraham was placed under a great test of his Faith when God told him to take his first son up to the Mount as a sacrifice unto the Lord….being a man of great Faith he listened and because of his obedience and Faith God being a just and Faithful God rewarded Abraham. An angel spoke to him on the Mount just as he was about to make the sacrifice and provided a sacrifice. Genesis 22 9-13: 9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. 11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here [am] I. 12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only [son] from me. 13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind [him] a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
3) The training trial – Joseph in training in the House of Egypt. Trial takes us through a difficult time as you go through it know that the outcome will be according to God’s Will for your life. A test is a procedure, a set standard which you have to train and study for. Most tests we go through affects us in our mind.
Whatever the fiery trial let us thank God because of this trial I came in one way and I will come out Victorious. Sometimes in the fiery trial we need to stay quiet and let God speak to us, we need to have patience and in the midst of it God will bring you solace and peace.
The fiery trial of our Faith brings us closer to God, to worship Him and take us out of our bondage. Ask God to heal your unbelief, restore your soul to make you into a person where all is well. Faith gives us eyes to see things which we cannot see in the natural, in the midst of the fiery trial God will cause the bondage to fall off. The Presence of God abides with us, through the trial we learn to worship Him. Pray God to pass your Faith through the fiery trial.