Sunday 24th October 2010 – Pastor Mark Ballosingh
We live in a world which makes it easy to walk away from God. Some people are walking but the path on which they walk is broad, the company they attach themselves to is causing them to walk away from God, on a road which takes them away from God’s will, they are staggering with no sense of direction…….
You need to get into transformation mode, the things I used to say I say them no more, the places I used to go I don’t go there anymore, the destination I was going too I am not going there anymore, it’s time to align your-self with God and walk with God.
Genesis 5 18-24 18 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch: 19 And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: 20 And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died. 21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: 23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: 24 And Enoch walked with God: and he [was] not; for God took him.
Enoch came from a long lived lineage after he had children he walked with God for over 300 years. He would write and read because God educated him, it is said he was one of the first men to write and lay down the principles of language. But men would take his writings and twist it and manipulate it out of which moon worship, sun worship the lodge, the illuminati would be birthed.
Although they manipulated Enoch’s writings which were his conversations with God, Enoch walked with God and God preserved him…Enoch walked to the point where death could not affect him and he was translated into Glory. Walking with God did not mean a physical walk only but walking and having conversations with God.
The term walk is defined as:-
Hebrew – walking with God literally
Greek – the activities of your day to day life
Jews – religious ordinances which you live by
Apostle Paul speaks about walking with God in the newness of life Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
To walk with God is to walk in the activities of God, to walk in an orderly and specific way, in a straight path.
Let us not only walk with God but let us have conversations with God, there are many people who walk a traditional walk with God but do not truly know him, they have never had a relationship with Him and cannot recognize Him. We can re-count Jesus’ journey to Emmaus after his resurrection, he walked with the 2 disciples and they did not even recognize him until he broke the bread.
The Bible dictates the ways we should walk with God:-
1) To walk in the complete way of God, in entirety with God. Many people are seemingly walking with God but there is no closeness, walking with God is walking on a good path. If God is real to you then walk in that path for it is a good path, know that there is only one light, one truth, one way, one true God manifested through His Son…. Deuteronomy 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments..1 Kings 6:12 [Concerning] this house which thou art in building, if thou wilt walk in my statutes, and execute my judgments, and keep all my commandments to walk in them; then will I perform my word with thee, which I spake unto David thy father:1 Kings 8, Jeremiah 6 The world wants the Believers to walk a politically correct path, sing and pray but do not declare Jesus, it’s time the church starts declaring the name of Jesus. There are many established churches who have adopted this generic approach in their teachings and preachings but God will judge and he will judge in The House of the Lord first.
2) In fear of God. Nehemiah 5:9 Also I said, It [is] not good that ye do: ought ye not to walk in the fear of our God because of the reproach of the heathen our enemies? It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of The True and Living God, the unbelievers tries to dig traps for the Children of God but God will protect His children, 1 Chronicles 16:22 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm
3) Walk in integrity Psalm 26:11 But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me. Let our yay be yay and our nay be nay, when we say yes mean yes and when we say no mean no, we must be truthful in our way and talk in the way and the Will of God. When people look at you they must know you are not a person they came come to with evil and corrupt things…
The walk of character is a difficult walk, when Jesus was wrongly sentenced by Pilate he was sent like a lamb to the slaughter, he held his character endured the torment on his way to Golgotha where he was crucified without saying a word
4) Walk uprightly, some people walk with dropped hearts in sadness with their shoulders bent not looking up and forward God is saying now is the time, lift your head up high and walk uprightly, “lift up your eyes to the hills from whence cometh your help”, walk in the pride of your salvation, I know where I was and I know where God has brought me to. Psalm 15: 2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. Proverbs 2:7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: [he is] a buckler to them that walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God [is] a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good [thing] will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. The devil had you under his control but God saved you, a chosen one, a royal priesthood….walk uprightly in God. A person who speaketh truth in his heart is a person who walks with God, a person who walks uprightly talks to God all the time and the enemy cannot affect him….”and he walks with me and he talks with me and he tells me I am his own”
5) Walk in truth John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. We walk with God in the light of His Word in an unmistakable truth knowing He is the True and Living God John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. When people come to you to debate your God point them to The Cross, point them to The Blood, point them to the tomb….”why seek ye the living amongst the dead?”
6) Walk in liberty, some people are lifting their hands to praise God but there are still chains on their hands, in their minds they are in bondage but the Psalmist David says Psalm 119:45-48 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. 46 I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed. 47 And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved. 48 My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes. The Bible gives an account of Paul and Silas who were thrown in the jail and beaten because they were preaching about Jesus although they were tied up in chains they never stopped praising God and praying. It is said that in the midnight hour while they were praying and praising, the earth shook and the doors of the prison were opened and their chains fell off. When you start praising God in truth and start walking in liberty those chains will drop off and the prison gates will open……he whom the Son sets free is free indeed….
7) Walk in the name of The Lord Micah 4:5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. It is important whose name you walk under….I don’t know about you but I want to walk under the Blood stained name of Jesus, his banner over me…..the Prince of Peace the one and only True God and powerful God. The name of The Lord is a strong tower……..I am walking with God, The Cross before me, the world behind me……..
8) Walk circumspectively – 8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now [are ye] light in the Lord: walk as children of light: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness and righteousness and truth😉 10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them]. 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. 13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. 14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,….To walk circumspectively is to walk with a degree of perfection, walk diligently, watching around for the moves of the enemy…..when you walk you have to watch for the dangerous wilds of the enemy,……walk, watch and pray, the devil has no hold over my family, mind, children, finances.
9) Worthy and pleasing to God. You can only know God if you walk with him and become intimate with Him, How close are you to Him? Has he embraced you lately? 1 John 2 3-6 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Jesus gives a covenant “that you love me”, love is the thread which runs through the New Testament….when father and mother neglects you, when the world turns its’ back on you, God loves you, the promise of knowing God is loving God………”falling in love with Jesus is the best thing I’ve ever done”
When you walk, walk boldly, thrust on with your head held high, walk in the footsteps of The Master in His Will and His way, because I love you I will walk with you knowing each step I take My Saviour goes before me……I know he will guide me to higher grounds each step I take leads me closer home.