Wednesday 2nd March 2011 – Pastor Mark Ballosingh
Ephesians 1:3-4 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
As our nation sinks into a spirit of debauchery, as we see the behaviour of men and women disintegrate, as we observe the Pandora’s box of equality about to open, it is important that the children of God do everything in their power to walk in Holiness and truth, to hold up the blood stained banner of Jesus Christ and not sway for the path God has laid for us.
Sometimes as the church we feel like the minority, we may even feel overwhelmed and question if we are doing the right thing, know that God has chosen us, a peculiar people from even before we knew ourselves, before the foundation of the world. The decision to be Holy and unblameable is not yours but it’s God’s, in His predestination His main aim in creating man was for man to be worshippers. We cannot be an unholy temple to be a worshipper
Without Holiness no man could see God. Holiness has been defined by the world as an over-reaction by the church. It would seem as though everything the church stands for is duly criticised by the world so in an attempt to please the world some pastors and preachers have compromised the morals and divine values God has given to uphold.
The Bible declares God is Holy, Zachariah declares Holiness to God, God is a spirit and we must worship Him in spirit and in truth, we must worship Him with Holy hands and Holy hearts. When people live right the world laughs at them, tonight I want to admonish the church, “live right, do not compromise your salvation, do not compromise your Faith, but hold on with everything you have to walk in the path God has laid down for you.”
Leviticus 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I [am] the LORD your God. – sanctify means separate yourself. Separate yourself from the things of the world and position your life to where God originally purposed in your life – to be a worshipper. If we must reclaim our nation, it will be through prayer, fasting, evangelism, testimony….we must live in truth, our words, deeds and actions must display the truth of God.
John 17:13-19 – And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
The process of sanctification comes through the Word. The Word must play an integral part in the process of separation. Even Christ said “I sanctify myself”, why would He say this? For our sake, Christ had to be duly sure when we hear the word we would believe and be sanctified, “know that the Father has sanctified me and these words have the power to sanctify you”
. –through the Holy Ghost men can come through the process of sanctification and come into Holiness. Holiness has no short cut, good, godly repentance will bring you into Holiness.
How can we become Holy?
• Faith and obedience – Acts 26:17-18. Delivering thee from the people, and [from] the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. Apostle Paul was preaching to King Agrippa and is giving the King his testimony. Sanctification is a faith walk.
• The Blood of the Lamb – In the New Testament John would let us know we no longer need an actual lamb to make a sacrifice to God as the ultimate sacrifice was made on the Cross “behold the Lamb which taketh away the sins of the world” God calls us to be Holy for the sacrifice has already been made.
• 1 Timothy 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety – if she lives and continues in faith she shall be saved. In order to live a life of Holiness one must be sober in mind, spirit and emotions.
• It is required of us to be Holy for God has called us to be Holy. 1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
• Through the Holy Spirit Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;,” Many people are doing good works but they are not living Holy. Justification and sanctification of the Holy Spirit, a believer must have the desire for the Holy Spirit to live Holy. The Holy Spirit will convict you to live, walk and talk right, the Holy Spirit will bring conviction, reproof and rebuke.
1 Thessalonians 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. – the Holy Spirit will cause us to be blameless.
Luke 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
Hebrews 8:7 For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Unblameable – being harmless to others, to become sons and daughters of God, to stand without being accused by the devil before God, to shine in this world of darkness. We are able to withstand the accusations of the devil for God has covered, sealed and sanctified us by the Holy Spirit, He is the mediator and an advocator on our behalf.
We have a call to demonstrate Holiness in an unholy world, the world may try to sway us but the world does not know what the joy of the Lord is, the world does not know the salvation of God. Walking and living Holy is still in style, continue to live and walk right, do not give the devil a chance to point fingers at you.
We live in a time where the testimony of the church is confusing to the world, when the believer does not live and walk right it opens the door to the devil.
We are called to Holiness to be lights shining in the midst of darkness. God calls a nation to be an example of Holiness. Live right, live Holy, it is not an easy thing as the devil knows your weakness more than you and he knows how to distract you.
Walk in Holiness, walk in His word & truth be ye separated and sanctified, stand strong, stand firm be ye an example. God will raise a few to be an example to the majority.
God is saying, “be not entangled, loose yourself” forget the past, focus on a futuristic goal in order to accomplish your predestined purpose.
Love not the world, neither the things of the world, for he that loveth the world does not love God.