Sunday 12th March 2011 – Pastor Mark Ballosingh
Creation is groaning ……there is very little time for God’s people.
When we look at the devastation in Japan it is a sign that is telling us time’s clock is striking down. The church and believers need to pay attention and do what is necessary now…….more than being physically prepared we need to be spiritually prepared.
Ephesians 5:22-27 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so [let] the wives [be] to their own husbands in every thing. 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Glorious church – a church held in high honour, high repute, splendid, blessedness. A glorious church is one where the character of God is exhibited.
Some people believe the church began after the day of Pentecost but this is when the church was empowered. Church is a place where man has the opportunity to commune with God and we record the start of the church in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve would walk in the garden and commune daily with God. The church isn’t the building, the church is anywhere you communicate with God and God communicates with you.
The church would take on a formal look when Moses went on Mount Sinai and God gave him instructions Exodus 25:8 let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them. Later, the church would get structure and order when elders, leaders, prophets, evangelists were appointed…
Who is the church?
• The Bible talks about “ecclesia” a people who are called out, a glorious people preaching the glorious gospel
2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them,
2 Corinthians 3:6-11 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 7 But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation [be] glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away [was] glorious, much more that which remaineth [is] glorious.
Colossians 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;,
Romans 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
• The church is not a denomination but it is one body working as part of the kingdom of God. The glorious church consists of the glorious gospel, inhibited by people who experience the glorious wonder working power of God. You cannot be drawn unless the spirit draws you, this is the glorious power of Jesus working in you.
• The church is a supernatural church – a church endowed with the gift of the supernatural for we are led by a supernatural God.
• A mystical church – the church is universal and is joined mystically by the bond of the Holy Ghost, by a chord that cannot be broken.
• Church is not man-made, while the building maybe, the church is not.
The church has its’ foundation on a number of things:-
1) In Jesus – for Christ is the head of the church, He is the Saviour, the Sanctifier, the Purifier, the Nourisher, the Builder, the Protector, the Receiver of the Church. Leaders will rise and fall but Jesus will never fail, we stand on a sure foundation, on a foundation that is four square and perfect. The Bible calls Him the chief cornerstone…..He was set in place as the foundation of the world, He is the beginning and the end.
2) The Blood of Jesus – there is life in the Blood, it is the blood that gives life. You may be drifting into an abyss of sin, frustrated and depressed but the Blood came flowing down and with the incision of the Blood life flowed back into you and that spirit of depression had to flee.
If you take the away the Blood the foundation will crack, the church can never have enough of the Blood. The Blood gets you stronger, what the devil threw your way 2 years ago he cannot come at you with it again for he will fail, he cant come in that direction again for you understand the power of the foundation on which you stand. There is Power, Deliverance, Salvation and Protection in the Blood.
3) The Cross – a symbol which brings conviction to the hearts of men, the world hates the Cross, the learned and educated hate the Cross, it is a stumbling block to the unbeliever but believer, I’ve come to let you know the Cross is a symbol of Hope, it is a reminder that Jesus hung on the Cross so we could have life. As Jesus hung on the Cross, 2 thieves hung on either side of Him and one asked for forgiveness and was forgiven showing a great of love even when Christ was dying He forgave the thief , in a situation which seemed hopeless, there was Hope.
4) The Resurrection – many prophets came and died and if their bones could cry out they would say “I am still here” but if you take a trip to the garden where you would find the tomb of Jesus and the stone rolled away, you would find no bones there. There is one man who defeated death, hell and the grave and He is alive and lives forevermore, He sitteth at the right hand of God making intercession on our behalf. Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
5) The Blessed Hope – it is a part of the foundation you should not choose to disregard. We live in the dispensation of grace but that dispensation is slowly coming to an end, but the church stands on the Blessed Hope, the return of Jesus to take us to that place He has created for us…. John 14:1-31Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also
6) The Holy Spirit / the Fire of God – we are a church endued with Power. A church that does not have the Holy Spirit isn’t a real church of God. One of the pillars of the church is the Holy Spirit. The Bible says on the day of Pentecost they were all in one accord, one mind, one spirit and were filled with the Holy Spirit Acts 2:1And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.. A church that stands on the principle of the Holy Spirit is prepared and positioned to do all which God has called Her to do. A church without the Holy Spirit is a dead, powerless and dormant church.
The Holy Ghost – remove all sin, keep us pure, Holy cleansed, sanctified without spot or wrinkle, direction, define purpose.
The foundation of the church is a sure and strong foundation, do not deviate or walk off from this foundation, I urge you to stand on it for if you step off you may go on sinking sand.
The Glorious Church – everyday the church is being prepared, she is being washed and cleansed on a collective and individual level. If you do not continue in prayer and in reading the word on a daily basis, you are opening a door for the enemy to distract and discourage you.
The Bible speaks about an ultimate day for the perfection of the church, in a twinkling of an eye, Jesus himself will come in that last and final hour to perfect the church. “they who call upon the Lord, shall be saved” as you call upon Him, He will come in and perfect your life.
The church is not perfect but is striving towards perfection to become a glorious church. The time in which we do this is important for we do not have much time…………time is slipping away.