27th July, 2014
Apostle Selma Ballosingh
1 Corinthians 15:58 – 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for as much as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
We as Christians must be steadfast and unmovable saints. How do we become steadfast and unmovable?
- Peace with God – the unsaved does not know anything about peace. We get peace through the Christ merit of his blood. Romans 5:1 – Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Reference scriptures : John 6.
- Follow Jesus – 2 Timothy 1:12 12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
- You must have the discernment of spirits and abide in Christ. John 15: 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
- The Holy Spirit witnesses in your life – 1 John 3:24 – 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
- Avoid Church divisions – This is contrary to Christ the Lord. Matthew 12:25 25And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand.
- Know how to deal with temptation – Matthew 6:30, 26:41. Proverbs 4:14-15 – Proverbs 4:14-14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. 15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
- Do not be influenced by false teachers – Acts 20:30, Proverbs 26:1-2, 2 Timothy 2:18, Jeremiah 23:16
Jeremiah 29:8 – 8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.
As a steadfast and unmovable people, we have to hold fast to the promises of the Word of God.