21st September, 2014
Rev. Mark Ballosingh
To be a leader through Christ:
- Preach it and Live it – Live the life you preach about. “By their fruits you will recognize them”. Fruitfulness has it place in the kingdom of God. John 14:12 – 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 5:30 – 30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
- Witness to others – John 4 – 4 And he must needs go through Samaria. 7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. 9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. 10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again.
Jesus had a purpose in Samaria. Go and meet folks that no one else will.
- Make time for prayer – Jesus always replenished himself by going to the Prayer Mountain. You have to spend time in the presence of God. Mark 1:35 – 35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
- Deny self – Mark 8:36 – 36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
- Leadership understands authority – Reference scripture – Mark 11:27-33.
- Leadership by creditability – Reference scripture – Luke 5:12-15.
- Leadership understands successorship – Leaders mentor and make place for a better leaders to come. Every good success has a greater successor. Jesus rose from the dead, left and made room for the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is coming soon, time to get involved and become a leader through Christ.