1st June, 2014
Rev. Mark Ballosingh
Purpose starts with decision and end with destiny. When you are saved, you now have purpose. Believers must be purpose driven and destiny focused.
The purpose of the Church –
- Preach, teach and baptize in the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Reference – Matthew 28.
- Warn folks about sin and judgment and to tell them to turn to Christ.
- Prepare the saints of God for the coming of Christ. Luke 21:28 – 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
What prevents us from achieving our purpose in God –
- Jealousy – Numbers 5: 11–14 11 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 12 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man’s wife go aside, and commit a trespass against him, 13 And a man lie with her carnally, and it be hid from the eyes of her husband, and be kept close, and she be defiled, and there be no witness against her, neither mshe be taken with the manner; 14 And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled.
- Envy – Proverbs 10:12 12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
Love was extended to Joseph by his father and his brothers became jealous. Jealously turns into hate. The brothers formed a conspiracy against the servant of God. Joseph’s father gave him a coat. The coat represented the father’s love for Joseph.
A man of purpose (Joseph) went through hardships. Even though he was place in the pit, his destiny was to be in the palace.
Whatever hardships you are going through, once your purpose in life is of God, God will see you through.